Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My Humanities Journey

My humanities project was on the environment and how people have changed the environment over time. My favorite parts of the project was the research I got to do. Over the time of doing it, some of the articles I did quote and the ones I read along the way really helped fill the gaps in my mind of the things I didn't find out through the course material. Some of the stories I read along the way were very interesting and I thought they helped me a lot on the project. I spent a total of about 6 hours on the project to help my partner on the project since we only had 2 people.

Aztec Architecture

I honestly didn't know what to expect in my first week of humanities. I had heard good things about the class before and was looking forward to the class. My goals were to pass the class with a good grade and to get a better understanding of the humanities of Latin America. Humanities is the collection of people sharing the same views and beliefs. I think I have learned quite a lot about humanities and what it means and I did get a good grade in the class.

History has always been something that interested me and I think this was a good class to learn a lot about history. Humanities have been seen all throughout history and learning about the different cultures in history is something that really peaked my interest. I learned a lot about the Aztecs and Olmecs and their history as well as changes they've gone through in the modern day. I did not know much about Aztecs and Olmecs before now and with the help of this class I learned a lot about why the Latin American culture is so important to others.

Masks inspired by Latin American culture


Works Cited

Christenson, Allen J. Popol Vuh: The Sacred Book of the Maya. University of Oklahoma Press, 2007.

 - This book is a story about twins who are known as the Hero Twins that have to fight underworld lords in order to save their parents. The whole story gives background to their upbringing and how their dad goes missing. They then have to play games against these lords in order to get their dad to be freed.

Holmes, Seth M. Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies Migrant Farmworkers in the United States. Univ. of California Press, 2014.

 - This book is about Seth Holmes's time spent in the fields working with some migrant workers. He is looked at funny for being a white man in fields working but he is there to get an in depth view on what happens in their work. He gets people interviewed and helps raise awareness for the hard workers in the field who need more recognition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Humanities Journey

My humanities project  was on the environment and how people have changed the environment over time. My favorite parts of the project was th...